Rumours are rapidly spreading about Apple’s launch of the new MacBook Pro 2018. As usual, Apple is expected to refresh the hardware of its MacBook Pro line this year, but a new report suggests there won’t be any significant updates in the portfolio. Read on to find out more about the new MacBook Pro 2018 release date, news & rumours!
The report reveals that Apple has reallocated MacBook Pro orders from Quanta to Foxconn so as to reduce costs and minimise risks. For the past couple of years, Foxconn has taken up around 20% of MacBook Pro orders with Quanta occupying the remaining 80%. This year, Quanta will remain as a manufacturer but it may lose about 30% of its orders to Foxconn, resulting in an even split of orders between the two MacBook Pro makers. Apple is comfortable to make such changes as it has no plans to bring any major upgrades to the new MacBook Pro.
This implies that the key feature of the top end MacBook Pro, the Touch Bar, will not be introduced to 2018’s MacBook Pro model. It would be difficult for Apple to market the Touch Bar as a significant part of the MacBook family if the feature isn’t available throughout the MacBook Pro collection. Apple’s determination to push the limits on laptop and desktop design is questionable.
Despite the disappointment, the 2018 model of MacBook Pro will be released with refreshed components.
Design & Display
It’d be quite surprising if the appearance of 2018’s MacBook Pro was distinctively different from the 2016 model. After all, keeping the same chassis design for a few generations has been Apple’s common practice up until now. So the new MacBook Pro is likely to retain the business-like silver and Space Grey colour options.
The next generation of MacBook Pro is likely to be powered by Intel’s Coffee Lake processor, meaning that the 13-inch version could finally shift from dual-core to quad-core. The Coffee Lake processor will bring about a 30% performance boost over the current Kaby Lake processors while lowering power consumption! With the new processor, 32GB of RAM will also be a possible feature of the MacBook Pro 2018.
Release Date & Price
Apple may release its latest MacBook Pro in June 2018 in order to coincide with WWDC, a conference held in California where Apple showcases its new software and technologies to software developers.
The potentially lower price may be the most exciting thing about the new Macbook Pro 2018! Since Foxconn is a slightly more affordable manufacturer than Quanta, Apple is able to make this device more affordable for consumers.
There you have it – everything about the new MacBook Pro 2018: release date, news and rumours! Although we are not expecting any majorly ground-breaking new features on the MacBook Pro 2018, the functionality of the new model will certainly not disappoint. Just the anticipation of MacBook or MacBook Air 2018 is enough to keep us excited!
For more of the latest information on the MacBook Pro 2018, helpful reviews and other tech related news, keep track of our blog.