Samsung Galaxy S6 is evidently the best version in their range of smartphones with our prices starting from only £349.99 (RRP £ 479). It is also the best smartphone in the market in many ways. Featuring a new and unique exterior design, and an even more improved camera quality, producing the beautifully vibrant and saturated images which Samsung is already known for. The Samsung Galaxy S6 incorporates all the winning features of Samsung phones as well as improvements; it has the fastest multi-tasking menu compared to any other phone!
Let’s delve into what makes the Samsung Galaxy S6 the best smartphone yet:
Display/Screen: The Samsung Galaxy S6 features a new and innovative exterior design –incorporating the best aspects of each smartphone exterior on the market. The smartphone is easy to hold with curved glass –an improved version of the Samsung Note 4. The metal sides and glass back and front (specifically made with Gorilla Glass 4) are visually pleasing, with a bottom, including the charger port, which is almost identical to the iPhone 6.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 has much better build quality than previous smartphones in the Galaxy range; however the thinner structure has compromised the external battery and micro SD card slot which existed previously. This is a minor disadvantage as storage options vary from 32 and 64GB.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 camera features a very impressive 16 megapixel sensor, 4k video and LED flash, making it the best camera in any Android smartphone. It is amongst the best cameras available in any smartphone, alongside the iPhone 6+.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 retains the TouchWiz custom user interface which is seen in all Samsung smartphones, however new features have been added. The option of customizing settings, the drop-down notification bar and keyboard is available, as well as the inclusion of Microsoft apps (OneNote, OneDrive and Skype) which are already installed. The drop-down notification bar also includes an option to change the brightness, which was not included in the Samsung Galaxy S5 software. Application security and storage maintenance is also provided in the Samsung Galaxy S6, in the form of phone management applications.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 features their own Octa-core Exynos 7420 processor with 3GB RAM, rather than the expected Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Chip. The Octa-core processor ensures the Samsung Galaxy S6 has the fastest multitasking menu compared to any other phone, and the slow gallery issue in the Samsung Galaxy S5 has now been renovated.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is available in:
Sapphire Black 32GB – Price: £399.99
White 32GB (unlocked) – Price: £499.99
Sapphire Black 64GB – Price: £599.99
White 64GB – Price: £599.99
Improvements from previous Samsung Galaxy phones:
- Improved home button –bigger and more tactile
- Fingerprint reader is more responsive, now just a touch can unlock your phone! (A whole swipe is no longer required, which is a welcome improvement from the Galaxy S5)
- The display has improved significantly –it big, bright and beautiful, and is narrower than the Galaxy S5.
- The picture quality is brilliant, displaying vivid saturated colors, and high-level visibility outdoors. The screen almost looks like paper! Samsung is known for bright displays and exceptional picture quality; however the Samsung Galaxy S6 has an even better camera than the Samsung Note 4.
- Very thin (6.8mm)
- 5.1″ Quad HD Super AMOLED display (2560×1440)
- Has the latest internals with 128 gigs of storage (non-expandable)
- Exynos 7 Octa 7420 / 2.1 GHz ( 8-core )
- HD screen resolution (5.1 inch high resolution Quad HD 2560×1440 pixel display with 577 pixels per inch, roughly double the number of pixels on the Samsung Galaxy S5)
- Fastest multitasking menu compared to any other phone.
- Fast charge (50% in 30 minutes)
- Wireless charging built into the phone
- Inconsistent battery life (2550mAh battery – With moderate usage, the battery could last 17 hours, however if it is being used for a long period of time for entertainment, the battery will die considerably quicker!)
- Non-removable battery/SD card.
- Cannot change the brightness of the buttons.
Verdict: It is fair to say that the Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the best smartphones currently available in the market, if not the best! It retains Samsung’s exceptional standard of smartphones, and is a commendable revamp from the Samsung Galaxy S5, due to the many improvements made.